Friday, June 18, 2010

Laura Geller Wonder Wand

Well. This product is a face highlighter, for under the brows, under your lower lashline, in the inner corners of your eyes and etc. from Laura Geller. Now while I love her other products, ( like her tinted moisturizer and cream eye shadows (reviews coming soon!)), this one... well... just fell flat.

Lets put it this way:

There was a wand, and definitely wondering.. but only at what Laura was thinking when she made this product.


Photo with swatch:

First of all, the packaging. The outside is okay, nothing special. However, the inside design is SUPER weird. The first time I opened this product, I didn't realize that twisting would turn the foam applicator inside into a Twizzler strip. Now I have to be super careful when I open this product because I remember reading a review of a poor girl who ordered this product 3 times because everytime she tried to open it, the applicator would break.

So yes, major design flaw.

Onto the product....

Swatch:


It's basically a matte ivory shade with little to medium pigmentation. There's a tiny bit of shimmer but it's not really noticeable, and that pretty much is fails this product as a highlighter. All highlighters carry shimmer or some kind of light-attracting formula to, well, highlight. You get the point.

Also, staying power is very bleh on this. It's a super fine powder and I feel like I had to put a lot just to get it to work/show up but it comes off easily too so boo...

I think the only people who might like this are those who wear or need conservative/nude/workplace makeup... shimmer and glitter don't really fit for those. But the product still barely shows.. maybe it's my super pale skin.

Either way, I would say to stay clear of this product. It's pretty useless, and I'm returning it to Sephora tomorrow.

-Amy

PS. Right now I'm using Benefit's High Beam which is pretty nice, although not optimal in my opinion.. the consistency is strangely watery and it's a bit too metallic and looks kind of strange with softer looks/ nude makeup. I've been eyeing Nars Multiples in Luxor and Copacabana to take over as my primary highlighter... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment