Thursday, June 10, 2010

Avon Smooth Minerals Lip Tint


Hey everyone!

Sorry for not posting in awhile, been experiencing some.. drama (bleeeeehhhhhh).

Anyways, I recently "splurged" on some Avon products (come on ... they were 2 bucks apiece for the gloss), and I thought I'd start by reviewing the lip tint from Avon's Smooth Minerals line in the color "Smooth Shimmer", a sheer, frosty pale pink.




So actually, this product wasn't too bad. Now Avon isn't really a higher-end brand name in cosmetics although it's been around for quite awhile, so I'm pretty much looking at their products as drugstore brand products. For a drugstore product, this lip tint isn't too bad, although I'm not sure if it's worth its 6 dollar price tag (I got it on sale though =D).

Since I got the sheerest, lightest color they offer, I can't say too much about this product's pigmentation. Still, I received more pigmentation than expected, so not bad =).

Texture-wise it's pretty much like a thick lip balm. One good thing is that it doesn't dry my lips like most drugstore products, although it's not particularly hydrating (Avon's website claims it has vitamin E and Shea butter).

Hm....... "Smooth Shimmer". Yep. This lip product has tons of very, very fine glitter in it. I like it since anything shiny attracts me, but there's a rather large problem because the shimmer migrates to other parts of my face quite fast. Actually, theres so much feathering with the shimmer that I don't know if even lip liner will help.. it gets pretty ridiculous. Definitely watch out for that... apply it carefully and maybe try a clear/reverse lip liner =(.

So.. all in all. It's okay. Pretty good color payoff, non-drying formula. However, not really good b/c it's more like a tinted lip balm with crazy glitter fallout and feathering....also, it tastes like every drugstore lip product.

Bitter, chemical-y, and just kinda....nasty.

=|




No comments:

Post a Comment